Like all work at heights, the erection and dismantling of scaffolding involves risks, not only for the people doing the work, but also for the general public.
According to the Guide for the control of hazards in physical work at heights of the Mutual de Seguridad, work at heights is among the main hazards that cause the greatest number of accidents with serious consequences or death. For this reason, it is of utmost importance to carry out this type of work with professionals who guarantee the safety of the work site.
The following are some important basic measures to take into account when assembling or disassembling scaffolding, which are applied in depth by our RPC Group team.
Measures to protect passers-by or general public
- Install and dismantle scaffolding at times when there is a low flow of people.
- Install signage to indicate the work being carried out
- Leave a free space for passers-by and a safe space for people with disabilities.
Protection measures for workers
- It is important that in order to perform activities at height, the worker has a medical certificate indicating that he/she is fit for this type of work.
- Use appropriate equipment such as helmet, harness, etc.
- To have training and constant updates indicating the risks involved in such work.
that such work entails.
In RPC Group we stand out for responding to the needs of our customers, providing optimal solutions in the shortest time possible and protecting our team, who are responsible day after day to provide a quality service, which you can know in www.rpcgroup.us
By Katherine Colina
Clic & Clac Agency